It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! It is more often used as a boy (male) name. Your email address will not be published. The first thing you should know if you are considering Kevin for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Kevin is a boy name. Keve, DEMOGRAPHICS), Kevin entered the list in 1910-1919 and reached its apex position of #13 in the U.S. in the 1970s, and is at #125 presently. Unisex names are one thing. “Kevin” for me isn’t the best, nor is it the worst. For names with the same popularity, the tie is solved by assigning popularity rank in alphabetical order. People having the name Kevin are in general originating from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Guatemala, Ireland, Luxembourg, Malta, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America. To me it's beau and belle.

Same meaning, different connotation for different genders. I hate to break it to you Nameberry but all baby boys will turn into men one day!! Instead, we recommend that you pay a greater attention to the origin and meaning of the name Kevin.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Would you like to follow Kevin? © 2020 Nameberry.com. Maybe it was just overused - still a fan. These names tend to be less frequently used than Kevin. Keveon, People wouldn't call their sons Annabel or Lucinda, so why use boys' names for girls??? Know Rashi, Nakshatra, Numerology, Religion, Gender, Similar Names and Variant Names for name Kevin. If a name has less than five occurrences, the SSA excludes it from the provided data to protect privacy. The gender associated with the name might be incorrect, as the data presents the record applications without being edited for errors. Find out more about the name Kevin at BabyNames.com. If you are thinking of giving your baby the beautiful name Kevin, spread the love and share this with your friends. (Think Kevin Bacon, Kevin Costner, Kevin James). Kevin is a very prominent first name for males (#23 out of 1220, Top 2%) and also a very prominent surname for both adults and children (#50572 out of 150436, Top 34%). The dictionary definition of handsome is "(of a man) good looking". However, in Germany, Kevin has become the poster child for names associated with lower social classes—essentially, names that feel very American. Kevian, (2000 U.S. Kevien, Just one of those names that you hear all the time but never actually meet anybody with, I guess? The name Kevin is basically a masculine name and is used in a lot of languages including the Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, German, French, Irish and the English as well. Kevin ▼ as a boys' name is pronounced KEV-in. (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here). Kevin is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for boys. Kevyn, American actor Kevin Costner was born in 1955. Kevinn, What is the meaning of Kevin?

The different meanings of the name Kevin are: The name Kevin is in the following categories: Celtic Names, English Names, Gaelic Names, Irish Names, Movie Star Names. Kevonne, The name Kevin is of Celtic - Gaelic  origin, and is used in more than one countries and different languages of the world, especially English speaking countries, Gaelic speaking countries among others. It simply means handsome in Irish while this name has the meaning attractive in Gaelic. Additional information: Kevin is a masculine name of Irish origin; it is the anglicised form of Caoimhín, which, in turn, came from the older Irish name Cóemgein.Cóemgein came from the Irish words cóem (kind, gentle, handsome) and gein (birth), giving Kevin the meaning ‘Gentle Birth’ or ‘Handsome’. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Kevin, try our name generator. Definitely a better choice than the bland “Evan”. Kevinism has become slang for fleeting name phenomena, typically associated with pop culture trends. The name Kevin is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "handsome".. Kevin was derived from the name Caoimhín, which originated from the Irish elements coém, meaning “handsome,” and gein, “birth.”The feminine name Caiomhe, anglicized as Keeva, comes from the same origins.

Required fields are marked *. ASSOCIATED WITH irish, handsome, saint, monastery, famous, VARIANTS Kevan, Keven▼, Keveon, Kevinn, Kevion, Kevis, Kevon▼, Kevron, Kevyn, Kevin is a very prominent first name for males (#23 out of 1220, Top 2%) and also a very prominent surname for both adults and children (#50572 out of 150436, Top 34%). The name Kevin means Handsome, Beautiful and is of Irish origin. Keyvon, We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name categories designed to help you and not to be an influential factor when choosing a name. Is Kevin name fit for baby name ? Your email address will not be published. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. girls aren't "handsome". Makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin; basketball player Kevin Garnett. I think people in my generation dislike the name in general, but I think it's awesome.

Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a7168c046e54b2a0b7fd75614d8dede7" );document.getElementById("d6e04f7b0a").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); If you purchase a product or service linked from this site, we may receive an "affiliate commission". These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Kevin. The name Kevin is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "handsome". Keveen, . It felt so WEIRD. Kevin has been waning in popularity in recent years—it dropped out of the Top 100 for the first time since the Truman administration in 2017—and definitely seems more a dad's name than a baby's name these days. Kyven,

I have no idea why, but I was kind of taken aback. Our research results for the name of Kevin (Kevin name meaning, Origin of Kevin, Pronounced etc. ) Kevin was derived from the name Caoimhín, which originated from the Irish elements coém, meaning “handsome,” and gein, “birth.” The feminine name Caiomhe, anglicized as Keeva, comes from the same origins. (2000 U.S. I love Kevin and Kev, but I feel it's hard to convince people that the name is ready to be revived. DEMOGRAPHICS) Kevin entered the list in 1910-1919 and reached its apex position of #13 in the U.S. in the 1970s, and is … You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Kevin on Nameberry. The more babies that are given a name, the higher popularity ranking the name receives. (literally implying she was manish).

sheesh. Kivon. The meaning of Kevin has more than one different etymologies. It has same or different meanings in other countries and languages.
Richard Keys Net Worth, Toonami Cancelled 2020, The Gulag Archipelago Abridged Vs Unabridged, Gfel 2019 Top 100 Leaders In Education, Concussion Essay Titles, Marcin Patrzalek Net Worth, Manasu Mamatha Serial Cast Today, Grand L Bush Net Worth, Examples Of Acceleration In Everyday Life, Uss Bradford Crew, Lp1417gsr Window Kit, Is Normandy Lake Open For Swimming, Barbara Amiel 2020, Shahnameh Rostam Summary, Douleur Sacrum Forum, Tubidy La Fouine, We're All Stardust Baby Quote, Not Detected Meaning, Le Karate Kid, Ashwini Bhave House, Jamie Kah Twitter, New Nba Youngboy Songs, 1946 Chevy Truck Heater, Patty Steele Salary, Is Makayla An Irish Name, Faa Call Sign List, Af Form 910 Pdf, Man Jumps Off Delaware Bridge 2020, Community Garage Sales Near Me, Where Is Blakeny Perry From, Secret Garden Ep 2 Eng Sub, Paul Ritter Glass Eye, Windwalker Monk Heirlooms, Daddy Issues Essay, 12v Vr6 For Sale, Florida Blue Centipede, Justin Chagra Nichols, Invincible Fm19 Tactic 4141, Tracy Aziz Wikipedia, Journaliste Lcn Femme, Miss Andretti Progeny, Anthony Cirelli Parents, Les 300 Spartiates Film Complet Youtube, The Sword Black Zodiac, Nom De Famille Lac St Jean, Greenville Roblox Wiki, New Boy Book Quotes, Sold Out Theater Letters, Stuart Broad Mother, Mubi Vs Criterion, How To Get The Bird On Mario Odyssey, Left To Survive Cheat Codes 2020, Good Titles For Police Brutality Essays, Clifton Collins Jr Wife, Cassie Scerbo 2020, Yellow Ladybug Meaning, Super Contra Apk, Hot Little Hand Meaning, Fife, Wa News, Bluedata Acquisition Price, " />
It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! It is more often used as a boy (male) name. Your email address will not be published. The first thing you should know if you are considering Kevin for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Kevin is a boy name. Keve, DEMOGRAPHICS), Kevin entered the list in 1910-1919 and reached its apex position of #13 in the U.S. in the 1970s, and is at #125 presently. Unisex names are one thing. “Kevin” for me isn’t the best, nor is it the worst. For names with the same popularity, the tie is solved by assigning popularity rank in alphabetical order. People having the name Kevin are in general originating from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Guatemala, Ireland, Luxembourg, Malta, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America. To me it's beau and belle.

Same meaning, different connotation for different genders. I hate to break it to you Nameberry but all baby boys will turn into men one day!! Instead, we recommend that you pay a greater attention to the origin and meaning of the name Kevin.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Would you like to follow Kevin? © 2020 Nameberry.com. Maybe it was just overused - still a fan. These names tend to be less frequently used than Kevin. Keveon, People wouldn't call their sons Annabel or Lucinda, so why use boys' names for girls??? Know Rashi, Nakshatra, Numerology, Religion, Gender, Similar Names and Variant Names for name Kevin. If a name has less than five occurrences, the SSA excludes it from the provided data to protect privacy. The gender associated with the name might be incorrect, as the data presents the record applications without being edited for errors. Find out more about the name Kevin at BabyNames.com. If you are thinking of giving your baby the beautiful name Kevin, spread the love and share this with your friends. (Think Kevin Bacon, Kevin Costner, Kevin James). Kevin is a very prominent first name for males (#23 out of 1220, Top 2%) and also a very prominent surname for both adults and children (#50572 out of 150436, Top 34%). The dictionary definition of handsome is "(of a man) good looking". However, in Germany, Kevin has become the poster child for names associated with lower social classes—essentially, names that feel very American. Kevian, (2000 U.S. Kevien, Just one of those names that you hear all the time but never actually meet anybody with, I guess? The name Kevin is basically a masculine name and is used in a lot of languages including the Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, German, French, Irish and the English as well. Kevin ▼ as a boys' name is pronounced KEV-in. (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here). Kevin is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for boys. Kevyn, American actor Kevin Costner was born in 1955. Kevinn, What is the meaning of Kevin?

The different meanings of the name Kevin are: The name Kevin is in the following categories: Celtic Names, English Names, Gaelic Names, Irish Names, Movie Star Names. Kevonne, The name Kevin is of Celtic - Gaelic  origin, and is used in more than one countries and different languages of the world, especially English speaking countries, Gaelic speaking countries among others. It simply means handsome in Irish while this name has the meaning attractive in Gaelic. Additional information: Kevin is a masculine name of Irish origin; it is the anglicised form of Caoimhín, which, in turn, came from the older Irish name Cóemgein.Cóemgein came from the Irish words cóem (kind, gentle, handsome) and gein (birth), giving Kevin the meaning ‘Gentle Birth’ or ‘Handsome’. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Kevin, try our name generator. Definitely a better choice than the bland “Evan”. Kevinism has become slang for fleeting name phenomena, typically associated with pop culture trends. The name Kevin is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "handsome".. Kevin was derived from the name Caoimhín, which originated from the Irish elements coém, meaning “handsome,” and gein, “birth.”The feminine name Caiomhe, anglicized as Keeva, comes from the same origins.

Required fields are marked *. ASSOCIATED WITH irish, handsome, saint, monastery, famous, VARIANTS Kevan, Keven▼, Keveon, Kevinn, Kevion, Kevis, Kevon▼, Kevron, Kevyn, Kevin is a very prominent first name for males (#23 out of 1220, Top 2%) and also a very prominent surname for both adults and children (#50572 out of 150436, Top 34%). The name Kevin means Handsome, Beautiful and is of Irish origin. Keyvon, We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name categories designed to help you and not to be an influential factor when choosing a name. Is Kevin name fit for baby name ? Your email address will not be published. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. girls aren't "handsome". Makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin; basketball player Kevin Garnett. I think people in my generation dislike the name in general, but I think it's awesome.

Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a7168c046e54b2a0b7fd75614d8dede7" );document.getElementById("d6e04f7b0a").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); If you purchase a product or service linked from this site, we may receive an "affiliate commission". These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Kevin. The name Kevin is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "handsome". Keveen, . It felt so WEIRD. Kevin has been waning in popularity in recent years—it dropped out of the Top 100 for the first time since the Truman administration in 2017—and definitely seems more a dad's name than a baby's name these days. Kyven,

I have no idea why, but I was kind of taken aback. Our research results for the name of Kevin (Kevin name meaning, Origin of Kevin, Pronounced etc. ) Kevin was derived from the name Caoimhín, which originated from the Irish elements coém, meaning “handsome,” and gein, “birth.” The feminine name Caiomhe, anglicized as Keeva, comes from the same origins. (2000 U.S. I love Kevin and Kev, but I feel it's hard to convince people that the name is ready to be revived. DEMOGRAPHICS) Kevin entered the list in 1910-1919 and reached its apex position of #13 in the U.S. in the 1970s, and is … You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Kevin on Nameberry. The more babies that are given a name, the higher popularity ranking the name receives. (literally implying she was manish).

sheesh. Kivon. The meaning of Kevin has more than one different etymologies. It has same or different meanings in other countries and languages.
Richard Keys Net Worth, Toonami Cancelled 2020, The Gulag Archipelago Abridged Vs Unabridged, Gfel 2019 Top 100 Leaders In Education, Concussion Essay Titles, Marcin Patrzalek Net Worth, Manasu Mamatha Serial Cast Today, Grand L Bush Net Worth, Examples Of Acceleration In Everyday Life, Uss Bradford Crew, Lp1417gsr Window Kit, Is Normandy Lake Open For Swimming, Barbara Amiel 2020, Shahnameh Rostam Summary, Douleur Sacrum Forum, Tubidy La Fouine, We're All Stardust Baby Quote, Not Detected Meaning, Le Karate Kid, Ashwini Bhave House, Jamie Kah Twitter, New Nba Youngboy Songs, 1946 Chevy Truck Heater, Patty Steele Salary, Is Makayla An Irish Name, Faa Call Sign List, Af Form 910 Pdf, Man Jumps Off Delaware Bridge 2020, Community Garage Sales Near Me, Where Is Blakeny Perry From, Secret Garden Ep 2 Eng Sub, Paul Ritter Glass Eye, Windwalker Monk Heirlooms, Daddy Issues Essay, 12v Vr6 For Sale, Florida Blue Centipede, Justin Chagra Nichols, Invincible Fm19 Tactic 4141, Tracy Aziz Wikipedia, Journaliste Lcn Femme, Miss Andretti Progeny, Anthony Cirelli Parents, Les 300 Spartiates Film Complet Youtube, The Sword Black Zodiac, Nom De Famille Lac St Jean, Greenville Roblox Wiki, New Boy Book Quotes, Sold Out Theater Letters, Stuart Broad Mother, Mubi Vs Criterion, How To Get The Bird On Mario Odyssey, Left To Survive Cheat Codes 2020, Good Titles For Police Brutality Essays, Clifton Collins Jr Wife, Cassie Scerbo 2020, Yellow Ladybug Meaning, Super Contra Apk, Hot Little Hand Meaning, Fife, Wa News, Bluedata Acquisition Price, " />

x